Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Nest

When we were growing up, we would give my mom a hard time about running the garbage disposal during a movie or not sitting down during a game. I don't think that anyone moves and works quite like my mom. There are times when I couldn't appreciate this more, though...like when trying to redo two bedrooms in our house during her five day visit. It was, of course, fun to spend time together, but it also felt so good to make so much progress on projects I couldn't really do by myself.

Griff's room went from baby to little boy--complete with a twin bed, vibrant rug, and refurbished chair. The nursery went from cozy guest room to bright, open baby room. As always, my mom was more than generous with several surprise purchases. She helped me finish off several small projects that had been hanging over my head. And, Griff got some serious quality time with Muffy. It really couldn't have come at a better time and it made me so thankful to have such a powerhouse of a mom.






No comments:

Post a Comment