Friday, November 2, 2012

A Beginning.

Recently, Whit sent this quotation to me:


"For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet or excite you. Books help us understand who we are and how we are to behave. They show us what community and friendship mean; they show us how to live and die. They are full of all the things that you don't get in real life--wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. And quality of attention: we may notice amazing details during the course of a day but we rarely let ourselves stop and really pay attention. An author makes you notice, makes you pay attention, And this is a great gift. My gratitude for good writing is unbounded; I am grateful for it the way I'm grateful for the ocean."-  Anne Lamott in Bird by Bird

Of course, I loved it and was moved by it. It also inspired me to get going on my newest endeavor...Book on a Branch. I am trying to combine my passion for reading, need for creativity, and love for my little ones into a blog that helps parents inspire their kids to love reading. Please stop by and share it if you are so moved...

No comments:

Post a Comment