I did some Google-ing and found this pattern for baby booties.
Problem 1: Griff's feet are bigger than the pattern.
Problem 2: He would slip and slide on wood floors and smooth surfaces.
I had to use the pattern more as an idea than an actual pattern. Thus, my first pair of booties was way too small. Bummer.
Jose solved problem 2 with a sort of rubber sticker that had outlined these little rubber feet. You know, the kind you'd put under a little cabinet or shelf.
I added a few little colorful stitches, but didn't want to invest too much time before knowing if the shoes fit. And, Griff was sound asleep by the time I actually finished the shoes.
Here is Griff, sporting his new shoes.
Bonus Try It Tuesday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This soup is fast, easy and delicious. Next time, I will use lactose-free milk. But, mmmmm...perfect for fall!