Thursday, December 16, 2010

Try It Thursday?

Growing up, we always made holiday treats to give to our teachers. We would melt oodles of chocolate and dip anything and everything into it. We also thought that we made fudge. My mom called it tiger butter and it was delicious, but it was really just chocolate and peanut butter. I was searching for a fudge recipe that I could manage recently. I wanted to make a plate of goodies for each of our neighbors and thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to try my hand at making some fudge. While we do have a candy thermometer, I was pretty nervous about that aspect of fudge making.

I found a recipe that is so unbelievably easy and quick! My fudge turned out just right. A fudge connoisseur might have a gripe or two about it, but I was amazed. Try it out! I left out the nuts. I'm sure there are plenty of ways that you could liven up this recipe. Add some candy cane bits. Swirl in peanut butter or almond butter. Top it with a little coconut. Do a graham cracker crust on the bottom. Or, just make it simply and savor the chocolatey goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment