Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our New Home!

We spent a couple months standing on the verge of deciding. One day we'd be sure we weren't making it to closing, doubting that this could be our house. The next we'd be so fired up--the house was ours and we'd totally live in it. It's been a whirlwind and we've been in a bit of a haze, but we feel like we're finally coming through to the other side. Not only did we make it to closing, but we survived ten days of insane renovations and the following days of more work, projects, and shopping...lots of shopping.

We've had serious parental assistance working our way through our projects. And, it's really starting to look like a home. I keep saying, "This is my favorite room." Each time we finish a project, I change my mind. Yesterday, the coat closet, so organized, was my favorite. For just a minute. But, really, I think the master bedroom is at the top of my list. So, without further ado...

Before:
Master bedroom ceiling. (The room was just brown and plain, other than the ceiling!)



After:





Before:
After:


My parents worked like maniacs while they were here. I can't believe how different the place looks because of their hard work. And, they still took us out to dinner. How great are they?! 

Building up some closets.

Griff's first time fishing.

My mom and Jose working hard in the yard.

 Dinner out at Delizios on Main Street.



1 comment: