Monday, July 19, 2010

A Tiny Tribute

Montise Jones Biber
She was a feisty, fast-driving woman who spoke her mind and had a dramatic flair. She was beautiful. And, she was my grandmother. At
91 years old, she lived a longer life than most. She saw almost a century's worth of changes and events, but more importantly she was a part of our lives. We will remember her for her generosity. We will remember her incredible skill with crossword puzzles. We will remember her dry sense of humor and how she liked to laugh.

While I am overwhelmed by the idea that she is no longer on this earth, I feel a calm, as well. Gram is in a place of peace and joy. And, she knew that she was loved. While I would have cherished the opportunity to tell her how much I loved and appreciated her one more time, I know I didn't need to. Every time I told her that I loved her so much, she would respond, "I know, honey. I love you, too." It was as if I didn't even need to tell her in the first place.

I know Gram saw a bit of herself in me. I could tell by they way she looked at me with a shared mischief in her eyes. I will miss her, but I will carry her with me for the rest of my life.
We love you, Gram.

No comments:

Post a Comment