Thursday, March 18, 2010

Courtney's Great Ideas



Okay, so this is more of a characteristic than an idea...

Humility.

I often turn to Court for advice. Especially as a mom. What I love about the way in which she gives it, is that is spoken in true humility. If you observed her relationships with her husband and her kids, you would understand why I seek her advice and why she could be proud. Each piece of advice is bookended with a "this is just what worked for me" or "if you feel like it might be right for you" or "I may be too strict." Well, it's always good advice. I have been about to post several ideas that she has given me about parenting Griff and how to deal with some of the issues that come up early on...like trying to sleep. I realized, though, that her help was bigger than any of these single pieces of advice.

I've been thinking about how uncertain most things are in life. We have so little control, but try to convince ourselves that we earn what we're given or that we're deserving. Court's humility reminds me that every good thing truly does come from the Lord. So, if I happen to do something well as a mom, I know it must be God working through me.

As a side note, I also started reading a book with my Bible Study that Courtney recommended. It's called Crazy Love and it's good. It has challenged my thinking about how I approach each day and how in love God is with us. If we do one thing in this life, it should be to try to show Him even an ounce of the love He lavishes upon us.

1 comment:

  1. thank you. thank you. thank you. you are faaaar too kind. amidst a day of screaming and tantrums, it was an amazing pick me up! :)

    ReplyDelete